WatchGuard XTM 33 Series Next-Generation Firewall
Extensible Threat Management for Growing Businesses
Sorry, this unit has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase, replace by Firebox T20, T20-W, T40, T40-W, T80. If you currently own this Model, please click here to participate in the WatchGuard Trade-Up Program! You can also purchase available renewals below. End of Sale (EOS): 01 Jul 2016. End of Life (EOL) for the XTM 33 is 01 Jul 2021 - you will not be able receive support after this date even with a 1 Year contract.
WatchGuard XTM 33 Series Overview:
Introducing the WatchGuard XTM 3 Series! The newest member of the XTM family is a powerhouse performer for small businesses that want next-generation security features and fast firewall/VPN throughput at a small-business price.
The XTM 3 Series appliances include a suite of flexible management tools to give small businesses the tools they need to stay on top of network activity. They also include the Pro version of Fireware XTM operating system for advanced networking features, including VLAN support, multi-WAN load balancing, and dynamic routing. Real-time monitoring and rich reporting are included at no extra cost.
Keep traffic moving
Layer on protection
Wireless security with guest access
VPN setup in seconds
3 ways to manage your appliance
Fireware XTM Pro included
Remote connectivity options
Reporting made easy
Faster, safe web surfing
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes & blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Powerful subscription-based security services boost protection in critical attack areas for multiple layers of defense. By partnering with leading technology providers, WatchGuard is able to integrate best-of-breed security components into one UTM platform for stronger security at big cost savings.
- Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits.
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS ) delivers in-line protection from malicious exploits, including buffer overflows, SQL injections, and cross-site scripting attacks.
- WebBlocker controls access to sites that host objectionable material or pose network
- security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus (GAV) scans traffic on all major protocols to stop threats.
- spamBlocker delivers continuous protection from unwanted and dangerous email.
- Reputation Enabled Defense ensures faster, safer web surfing with cloud-based reputation look-up.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) automatically inspects data in motion for corporate policy violations.
Easy to Manage
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting – at no additional charge – give an unprecedented view into network security activity so you can take immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- WatchGuard Dimension, a public and private cloud-ready visibility solution, instantly turns raw data into security intelligence.
- Intuitive management console centrally manages all security functions.
- WAN and VPN failover provide redundancy for increased reliability.
- Extend best-in-class UTM security to the WLAN by adding WatchGuard’s Wireless Access Points.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup – three clicks and your remote office is connected.
Highest UTM Performance in the Industry
- Firewall throughput of up to 1.4 Gbps and UTM throughput of up to 298 Mbps to keep traffic moving.
- No need to compromise protection for strong performance or vice versa. Multi-layered, interlocking security protects the network while throughput remains high.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports support high-speed LAN backbone infrastructures & gigabit WAN connections.
Wired or Wireless - Your Choice
- The XTM 33-W is a wireless model that includes optional dual-band 802.11/n technology for much more responsive wireless network connection and expanded range. Allows users to access 2.4 GHz or less crowded 5 GHz band.
- Multiple security zones give administrators precise control over Internet access privileges for different user groups.
- Wireless guest services segment the Internet for customers/guests.
|XTM 33/33-W||XTM 330|
|Throughput and Connections|
|Firewall throughput*||850 Mbps||1.4 Gbps|
|VPN throughput*||100 Mbps||240 Mbps|
|AV throughput*||175 Mbps||340 Mbps|
|IPS throughput*||328 Mbps||640 Mbps|
|UTM throughput*||146 Mbps||298 Mbps|
|Interfaces 10/100/1000||5 copper||7 copper|
|I/O interfaces||1 USB / 1 Serial||2 USB / 1 Serial|
|Nodes supported (LAN IPs)||Unrestricted||Unrestricted|
|New Connections per Second||3,800||5,500|
|VLANs (bridging, tagging, routed mode)||75||75|
|Authenticated users limit||500||500|
|Branch Office VPN||50||50|
|Mobile VPN IPSec (incl/max)||5/55||5/55|
|Mobile VPN SSL/L2TP (included/max)||55||55|
|Dimensions and Power|
|Product dimensions - wired models||6.1" x 7.5" x 1.25" (15.5 x 19.0 x 3.2 cm)||11.25" x 17" x 1.75" (28.6 x 43.2 x 4.5 cm)|
|Product dimensions - wireless model||7.75" x 10.75" x 5" (19.7 x 27.3 x 12.7 cm)||N/A|
|Shipping dimensions||10.75" x 13.25" x 3.4" (27.3 x 33.7 x 8.6 cm)||18" x 21" x 5.25" (45.7 x 53.3 x 13.3 cm)|
|Power consumption – wired models||U.S. 23.33 Watts (80 BTU/hr)||U.S. 50 Watts (171 BTU/hr)|
|Power consumption – wireless model||U.S. 24.0 Watts (82 BTU/hr)||N/A|
|Shipping weight||3.2 lbs (1.45 Kg) / 3.6 lbs (1.6 Kg)||16.1 lbs (7.3 Kg)|
|AC power||100-240 VAC Autosensing||100-240 VAC Autosensing|
|Form factor||Tabletop (wall mount kit included)||Rack Mount (IU rack mount kit included)|
|Firewall||Stateful packet inspection, deep packet inspection, proxy firewall|
|Application Proxies||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3|
|Threat Protection||Blocks spyware, DoS attacks, fragmented packets, malformed packets, blended threats and more|
|VoIP||H.323. SIP, call setup & session security|
|Security subscriptions||Application Control, WebBlocker, spamBlocker, Gateway AntiVirus, Intrusion Prevention Service, Reputation Enabled Defense (available in the Security Bundle)|
|VPN & Authentication|
|Encryption||DES, 3DES, AES 128-, 192-, 256-bit|
|IPSec||SHA-1, MD5, IKE pre-shared Key, 3rd party cert import|
|L2TP||Works with native OS clients|
|PPTP||Server & Passthrough|
|Single Sign-On||Transparent Active Directory Auth.|
|XAUTH||Radius, LDAP, Windows Active Directory|
|Other User Authentication||VASCO, RSA SecurID, web-based, local|
|Operating System||Fireware® XTM Pro**|
|IP Address Assignment||Static, DynDNS, PPPoE, DHCP (server, client, relay)|
|Routing||Static, dynamic (BGP4, OSPF, RIP v1/v2), policy-based|
|Link Aggregation||802.3ad dynamic, static, active/backup|
|QoS||8 priority queues, diffserv, modified strict queuing|
|High Availability||Active/passive, active/active with load balancing|
|NAT||Static, dynamic, 1:1, IPSec NAT traversal, policy-based|
|Other Networking||Port independence, multi-WAN failover, multi-WAN load balancing, transparent/drop-in mode
**Server load balancing is not available for XTM 3 Series appliances.
|Management Platform||WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) v.11 or higher
4-device WatchGuard System Manager license included with purchase
|Alarms and Notifications||SNMP v2/v3, Email, Management System Alert|
|Server Support||Logging, Reporting, Quarantine, WebBlocker, Management|
|Web UI||Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris OS|
|CLI||Includes direct connect and scripting|
|Security Certifications||ICSA Firewall, ICSA VPN, CC EAL4+
|Safety Certifications||NRTL/C, CB|
|Hazardous Substance Compliance||WEEE, RoHS, REACH|
|Network||IPv6 Ready Gold (routing)|
*Throughput rates are determined using multiple flows through multiple ports and will vary depending on environment and configuration.
|WatchGuard Model||XTM 33/33-W||XTM 330|
|Ideal For||Remote offices, small businesses that need an easy-to-manage solution at a great price. Available in wired and wireless models.||Small businesses that want the next-generation of network security combined with fast throughput and advanced networking features.|
|Interfaces||5: 10/100/1000||7: 10/100/1000|
|Application Proxies||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3, SIP, H.323||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3, SIP, H.323|
|Intrusion Prevention (DOS, DDOS, PAD, port scanning, spoofing attacks, address space probes, and more)|
|Wireless Models Only||802.11b/g/n, WPA, WPA2, WEP, Wireless Guest Services||N/A|
|User Authentication with transparent Windows authentication|
|Firewall Throughput**||850 Mbps||1.4 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput**||100 Mbps||240 Mbps|
|AV Throughput**||175 Mbps||340 Mbps|
|IPS Throughput**||328 Mbps||640 Mbps|
|UTM Throughput**||146 Mbps||298 Mbps|
|Branch Office VPN Tunnels (Max.)||50||50|
|Mobile VPN with SSL (Incl/Max)||55||55|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec Client Licenses (Bundled)||5||5|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec Tunnels (Max.)||5/55||5/55|
|Optional Centralized (Multibox) Management. Optional licenses enable Drag and Drop VPN and one-touch appliance updates.||4-device WatchGuard System Manager license included with purchase.||4-device WatchGuard System Manager license included with purchase.|
|One to One NAT|
|Multi-WAN Load Balancing|
|Server Load Balancing||N/A||N/A|
|High Availability Active/Active or Active/Passive|
|VoIP (SIP and H.323) Support|
|Additional Security Subscriptions|
|Reputation Enabled Defense||Optional||Optional|
|spamBlocker with Virus Outbreak Detection||Optional||Optional|
Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)
|WebBlocker with HTTPS URL filtering||Optional||Optional|
|LiveSecurity® Service||1-year and 3-year subscriptions available||1-year and 3-year subscriptions available|
* Concurrent sessions here represent the number of bi-directional connections.
** Throughput rates will vary based on environment & configuration.
Options & Upgrades:
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
|Reputation Enabled Defense
Reputation Enabled Defense delivers a powerful, cloud-based URL reputation service that protects web users from malicious web pages, while dramatically improving web processing overhead.
WebBlocker content and URL filtering subscription helps eliminate legal liabilities resulting from inappropriate web surfing, while increasing employee productivity and protection from web-based attacks.
spamBlocker is the best in the industry at distinguishing legitimate communication from spam outbreaks in real time, blocking nearly 100% of unwanted emails and the viral payloads they carry.
Gateway AntiVirusis a fully integrated, signature-based security subscription that identifies and blocks known spyware, viruses, trojans, and blended threats in real time.
Intrusion Prevention Service
LiveSecurity Service, a high-value support and maintenance program that you activate online when you register your product. LiveSecurity delivers technical support, hardware warranty with advance hardware replacement, the latest software updates, and threat alerts.
Download the WatchGuard XTM 3 Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $595.00
Our Price: $85.00
Our Price: $85.00
Our Price: $214.50
Our Price: $409.50
Our Price: $620.10
Our Price: $776.10